Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ragtime

I decided to do my project on ragtime music and its significance to life in the early 1900's and the influence it has had throughout the past 100 years on the music industry. The main things I will probably touch on in my project are when and how ragtime started and who a few of the main contributors to the industry were. I have found a few book sources on the history of ragtime and how it all got started. I haven't done much internet research because my computer hates me. Hopefully, in the next day or so, I will be ready to start outlining my 5 paragraph project that isn't an essay. I still need a few internet sources and a few primary sources but I have a lot of helpful information already. I am really excited to be learning so much about where popular music came from and how music influenced people a century ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment